The Clark House – Boonville, Missouri
Built in 1820 the first portion of the Clark House was built to hold the growing family of Robert Clark.
The owner of the house was a critical member of the population that helped to establish law and statehood for Missouri. When the first formal county court was held on January 9, 1821, the sitting was held at the Clark House.
In 1868 the size of the old house was nearly doubled by a two-story addition on the east. The early part of the house with its attached dog-trot and summer kitchen is well preserved with its original siding, framing and millwork. There are four fireplaces, random width flooring and a walnut staircase to the third floor.
Location: 616 East High Street