The Male Academy – Paris, Missouri Built in 1850 located on Monroe Street north of the fairgrounds. There are 13 rooms and one of the back rooms has an inside well. There was space for 30 boarders.
There is an old cemetery located west of the house, where persons who died during a smallpox epidemic in the 1850′s were buried. Property now owned by Mr. and Mrs. Russell Herron. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Architectural Style: Greek Revival Period of Significance: 1850-1874 Current Function: Domestic
Also known as Ashcraft,Nimrod,House Current Sub-function: Single Dwelling
Location: 411 E. Monroe St., Paris