The Dillingham-Lewis Museum in Blue Springs, Missouri was built in 1906 and is the only structure in Blue Springs constructed of native limestone. The house is named after two families.
The original owners were the Morgan Vachel Dillingham family. Mr. Dillingham operated a general store in Blue Springs in the 1880s and was later Vice-President of a local bank. The house was later purchased by Miss Narra Lewis, a world traveler who had seen every President, from Lincoln to Roosevelt. Miss Narra, famous for her parties and for a hatchet-swinging raid on the local saloon, lived here until her death in 1948.
The home was purchased by the Blue Springs Historical Society in 1977. It serves as the Society’s headquarters and is furnished with period pieces. There are items of historical interest on display and it is open to the public by appointment.
Location: 101 S. 15th Street, Blue Springs